As a data scientist, you will explore raw data to build predictive models, data optimization strategies and data driven best practices in order to improve the experiences of accessing financial services globally.
Who we are:
DemystData transforms the way financial institutions harness data. We are a collection of engineers, data scientists and industry experts. We operate globally and are passionate about financial inclusion and data driven decision-making. We believe that Big Data is a practical solution to major global financial issues.
What we do:
DemystData solves our clients’ biggest problems through the use of Big Data. DemystData’s Platform integrates traditional and emerging data sources, extract signals from the noise, and revolutionize our clients’ workflows.
- Support the delivery of big data implementation projects to tier 1 financial services firms.
- Work directly with clients and our data science and engineering teams, to understand the needs of end users, the capabilities of our product, and the workflow required within our engagement process to deliver the highest quality products and experiences to our customers.
- Explore raw data to building predictive models, data optimization strategies and data driven best practices to improve the experiences of accessing financial services globally
- Collaborate with Data Scientist, Product and Engineering to build prototypes and demos
- Collaborate with Sales to to devise appropriate solutions and quantify the business value
- Support best practice sharing and enhancements for future engagements
- Support Sales in pre- and post- sales engagements as a data analytics specialist
Report to the Director Client Engagement (APAC)
- BA/BS/MA/MS from a top university, preferably with strong Maths / Statistics background
- 0-2+ years’ work experience in roles such as consulting, engineering or banking
- Experience with statistics and predictive modeling, programming in R or similar software
- A client-first mindset, prior client facing experience will be an advantage
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills. Ability to convert data and its analysis into a meaningful story with actionable outcomes
- Experience managing bounded projects from start to completion is an advantage
- Passionate about the ability for data and analytics to solve business problems in both the domestic and global financial services
- Practical knowledge of applied statistics, consumer & commercial credit, and global data businesses
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity
- Independence and comfort working with remote team members
- Willingness to travel (~70%)
- Finance or start-up experience a plus
- Commercial financial services and technical experience preferred, specifically with relevant consumer or commercial credit experience
- Process management, project tracking, strategic responses to client requests, product & feature decision making, negotiation, strategy and vendor management
- Hands on statistics experience or data analytics experience
- The ability to shape a fast-growing start-up
- Attractive compensation
- Work from home Fridays
- Medical insurance
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.