Are you a diligent and hard-working attorney/lawyer ready to join a small emerging technology firm’s legal team? Are you pragmatic, collaborative, and results oriented? If so, we want you to apply!
You will collaborate with team members across the company to execute on product development, new business acquisition, and client implementation in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment using your legal/compliance expertise. This is a great opportunity to join a nimble team where you will work on challenging technology and business issues including those related to cybersecurity, privacy and those found when dealing with cutting edge technologies.
This position is based in Demyst New York office and reports directly to the VP of Legal and Compliance.
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts such as NDA’s, MSA’s, SaaS agreements, partnership agreements, data vendor agreements
- Update and maintain internal compliance policies
- Work as primary internal contact with the sales and business teams to execute on deals
- Assist with the maintenance of general legal infrastructure, including privacy, data protection, compliance, equity grants, employee issues and other legal concerns
- Partner with the infosecurity and engineering teams to ensure compliance with data security standards and norms
- Serve as a member of the compliance team
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to ensure that the business needs are met and to improve processes
- 1 to 3 years of legal experience as a transactional/corporate attorney with at least some time spent working at a law firm
- JD from accredited law school, with excellent credentials; active New York bar membership
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Collaborative, positive and pragmatic
- Startup or other in-house experience
- Proven ability to learn to work with new topics quickly
- Experience working with data vendors or in a data driven environment
- Experience working with financial institutions
- Put your own mark on the process
- Stretch yourself to help define and help build something entirely new that will impact billions
- Gain exposure to a company that has more institutional knowledge in emerging “big data” access that perhaps anyone in the market, learn quickly
- Be with the client solving problems, not filling in forms
- Small enough where you matter, big enough to have the support to deliver what you promise
- Generous benefits & competitive compensation
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on Workable.