If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on Workable.
DemystData is committed to creating a diverse, rewarding career environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
Have you successfully executed on lead generation for B2B sales? Are you ready for the next challenge in your career to design a lead gen strategy and coach a team? If so, come join a growing Enterprise technology/consulting sales team as a player-coach to focus on helping banks/insurance firms improve outcomes with better access to data.
Summary: The Business Development Manager designs, improves, measures and communicates the operational plan for identifying and creating new sales opportunities for the sales executives. The ideal candidate has been a high performing leader on a well defined sales development/cold-outreach team in B2B software sales and is ready to take on the challenge of a player-coach role.
- Manage, hire, and coach a team of Sales Development Representatives and Business Development Analysts responsible for outbound sales prospecting.
- Design a clear, realistic lead generation operational plan to achieve strategic revenue goals
- Motivate and inspire the team to grow, raise the bar and exceed expectations.
- Develop B2B accounts with warm and cold leads generated by existing customers from our website as well as through research
- Identify trends, evaluate processes and recommend programs and initiatives that drive sales and deliver operational excellence.
- Deliver frequent daily guidance and training on sales prospecting, email outreach, and outbound calling.
- Ensure the team meets or exceeds quota and pipeline generation goals and consistently deliver individual sales targets every month.
- Manage the day to day workflow, activity and progress of the team as well as coach individual representatives through call shadowing, role play, and performance reporting.
- Develop a performance culture that strives to be hungry and innovative when prospecting.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to increase pipeline velocity of prospects to the team.
- Partner with the Enterprise Sales team to find efficient and effective ways to impact valued prospect accounts.
- Proactively develop sales opportunities within a variety of business use cases for banking and insurance.
- Flexible, autonomous, self-motivated approach to rolling up sleeves and working with purpose
- Navigates, researches, and evaluates stakeholder influence or buying power within global, large, matrix’ed organizations
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) in relevant field
- 3-5 years experience exceeding B2B sales quota
- 1-2 year track record leading and growing an inside sales team
- Experience selling software products with a consulting/implementation services component
- High learning agility and energy to develop business to business sales capabilities through hard work, active listening, & practice
- Polished interpersonal style, strong communication skills, and solid emotional intelligence
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong alignment with core organizational values
- Organic desire to lead others to success, experience coaching or teaching in extra-curricular, education, or work experience preferred