Demyst Data Accessibility Policy
At Demyst Data, we are committed to making our platform accessible to all users, regardless of their abilities. This Accessibility Policy outlines the measures we have put in place to ensure that our service is inclusive and usable by as many people as possible.
Note Regarding Platform Functionality
When using the Demyst Platform, there are two alternate ways to interact:
- Via the web interface through a modern browser
- Via the Demyst Platform’s application programming interface (API) which provides
information in a machine-readable format for integration with other applications. Where support below is indicated below as "Supports with exceptions", such a qualification applies to the web interface only; interactions may be accomplished through the Demyst Platform API.
This policy applies to all aspects of our platform, including but not limited to the user interface, documentation, customer support, and third-party integrations.
Design Philosophy and Standards Compliance
We consider compliance with applicable compliance standards as we design our platform and on an ongoing basis. Specifically, we strive to meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Level AA compliance as set forth by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and we make every effort to conform to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
Features and Functions
Features and functions we have added to our platform to support accessibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Keyboard Navigation: Our platform is navigable via keyboard and keyboard focus has a noticeable outline.
- Screen Reader Compatibility: We have worked to optimize our platform for screen reader software; links, buttons, and page landmarks are tagged for assistive technology
- Contrast and Color Options: We ensure foreground and background colors have sufficient contrast and that letter spacing and font sizes support readability
- Alternative Text: Non-text content, such as images and icons, are provided with appropriate alternative text to ensure screen reader users can understand their context.
- Clear Language: We use clear and simple language to make our content easy to understand for a wide range of users.
- Meaningful Sequence: Our platform follows a meaningful and consistent sequence for content presentation.
Testing and Ongoing Efforts
- Manual Audits: Our accessibility team conducts regular manual audits to identify and fix accessibility issues.
- User Feedback: We actively seek and consider feedback from users to improve accessibility.
- Employee Training: Our team members involved in content creation, design, and development receive training on web accessibility best practices.
Reporting Issues and Feedback
If you encounter any accessibility issues or have suggestions for improvement, please contact our Accessibility Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 808-400-8470.
Policy Review and Updates
This policy will be reviewed at least annually and updated as necessary to reflect changes in accessibility standards and feedback from users.
Date of Last Revision: 9/1/2023